Helping World Vets reduce pet overpopulation in Ecuador - March 2011

Helping World Vets reduce pet overpopulation in Ecuador - March 2011

This spring, Blue Hummel and I are going to Ecuador to participate in a World Vets spay/neuter project. We'll work with vets, staff, and volunteers from around the USA to help people in Ecuador provide medical care to their beloved pets. This is our story - and I'm sticking to it!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I woke up early and went for a walk around the property. It was very pretty. It was so quiet and such fresh air. I took several pictures of flowers, the road to the property, and one of a tiny spider and a tiny slug. We had a quick breakfast then headed back to the clinic. Again, there lots of people waiting with their pets. We had a couple of dogs with problems from having surgery yesterday, but got those problems addressed and everybody is doing fine. We did 70 animals today! Karen asked us if we would like to work in the morning, do a maximum of 25 animals. She asked us early enough in the day that we all said yes… by the end of the day, we were all wishing we had declined. We are all very tired. We were sure running out of gas later today! I think I did all dog spays today, oh, except for one cryptorchid cat. We are getting very short on supplies. I am so glad I brought my own gloves. We are down to size 6 (too small for most of us) or 7½, way too big for most of us. Most of us wear 6 ½ and I had to guard my gloves. I wouldn’t mind sharing, but I did not want to be stuck with the wrong size. And I am down to only 5 or 6 pairs left. I am sure I won’t do more than that tomorrow. In the afternoon we hope to do some more shopping and a little sightseeing. Tonight many of the volunteers from PAE came up to the hotel and we had a big group dinner. We mixed all of us together and had a really good time. They are a great bunch. Not much new, still can’t get online…. Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment